Here is a range of activities happening in the coming weeks around Taunton.
- An evening with the new Bishop of Bath and Wells You are invited to come and meet Bishop Peter Hancock. He will be answering questions and telling us about his top three priorities as the new Bishop. This is an open meeting and representatives from community groups, local industries and institutions are very welcome to attend. Monday 24th November 7pm at St Michael’s Church, Galmington.
- The Angel Tree Service Parents, family and friends are given an opportunity to pause to reflect on the loss of their baby, whether the loss was recent or many years ago. Lighting a candle for each baby enables people to unite with others who have experienced the same heartache. Families feel less isolated and alone when sharing in the service. Sunday 23rd November 3.00pm St Mary Magdalene Church in Taunton.
- An Advent Quiet Day gives us a special opportunity, in the midst of the rush of our daily lives, to slow down and reflect on what the season means for us. We will explore together Advent themes of waiting, expectation and anticipation. Abbey House, Glastonbury. Wednesday, 26th November 2014. 10.00-4.00. (See What’s On for further details.)
- Christmas Tree Festival will take place at Taunton United Reformed Church, Paul Street, on Friday 12th to Sunday 14th December. Entry is free. We organise this event principally to give a showcase to several groups and organisations which work tirelessly for the good of others and the enrichment of society; also to offer people a refuge from the busyness of Christmas shopping. We hope you will be dazzled by the trees and by what you learn about our tree sponsors. (See What’s On for further details.)
- The Business Carol Service – for all who work in Taunton. Speakers: Rev Keith Powell and Fran James (HR Manager – Sainsburys) St James Church, Taunton. Tuesday 16th December 6.15 – 7.15pm. Followed by festive refreshments. Organised by Taunton Team Chaplaincy – who serve the Community and Businesses of Taunton as Town Centre and Workplace Chaplains. Free Parking from 6.00pm in Coal Orchard and Canon St. Car Parks.
Rev. Steven Reed