These photos show the amazing Christingle event that was made possible through the leaders of Tekna (Junior Church). Forward planning and hard work got everyone involved. Children’s faces lit up with excitement and enchantment as all the candles were lighted and glowed. Thanks you leaders, parents and children!
- The orange, representing the world
- A red ribbon wrapped around it, or a paper frill around the candle, representing the blood of Christ
- Dried fruits and/or sweets skewered on cocktail sticks pushed into the orange, representing the fruits of the earth and the four seasons
- A candle pushed into the centre of the orange, then lit, representing Jesus Christ as Light of the World
- Aluminium foil, representing the metal nails driven into Christ’s hands and feet during his crucifixion.