We do hope you enjoy our Christingle service on Sunday at 10am.
What is a Christingle and what does it stand for? The word Christingle means “Christ light” and is a symbolic representation for Jesus being the Light of the World. Each part of the Christingle means something:
- The orange, representing the world
- A red ribbon wrapped around it, or a paper frill around the candle, representing the blood of Christ
- Dried fruits and/or sweets skewered on cocktail sticks pushed into the orange, representing the fruits of the earth and the four seasons
- A candle pushed into the centre of the orange, then lit, representing Jesus Christ as Light of the World
- Aluminium foil, representing the metal nails driven into Christ’s hands and feet during his crucifixion.